Friday, September 3, 2010

Juliette Binoche and Gerard Depardieu's War of Words...

Juliette Binoche stars in Certified Copy which opens at the IFI today. Watch the trailer here.

Juliette Binoche picked up the Best Actress Award at the Cannes Film Festival 2010 for her role as an antiques art dealer in Abbas Kiarostami's intriguing Certified Copy. But not everyone seems convinced by her talents...

Last week, in an interview for an Austrian magazine, Gerard Depardieu gave his opinion on the French actress. Without even being asked, Depardieu said "Please can you explain to me what the mystery of Juliette Binoche is meant to be?... I would really like to know why she has been so esteemed for so many years. She has nothing, absolutely nothing." He then added "What has she ever had going for her?"


Binoche, currently in Britain to promote Certified Copy, responded to his comments saying
"I don't know him and I don't know what I did to him." She added "I provoked him without knowing I provoked him, I think."

Read more about their war of words here.

If you want to judge Juliette's latest performance for yourself, Certified Opens today at the IFI and runs until September 23rd. For more information, click here.

Ross Keane
Head of Marketing & Communications

No comments:

Post a Comment